09 September 2011

Going forward

So as I mentioned yesterday briefly, OneTrueFan has been bought.

I'm very very excited about this deal. The BigDoor guys are great, there is fantastic synergy between the teams - and at the end of the day I think that the two companies combined have a good shot at being one of the two or three winners that come out of this sector. I don't know if I could have honestly said that about OTF as a stand-alone company. It's a crowded, well-funded and competitive market out there.

I've had an incredibly good time working on OneTrueFan.

The team has been amazing. Working with Tilly and Manny and Corey and Steve and Eric and Todd was just incredible. I enjoyed the experience so much - and learned a ton.

I'm very proud of what we built at OneTrueFan and I'm incredibly excited to see what the team is going to do now that they're part of BigDoor.

But there really is no place in this deal for someone like me. And as a result it's time to move on to the next one - everyone knows I'm not done yet.

I'm going to be doing some consulting work in the near-term, but will also be looking for another smart bunch of entrepreneurs who are looking to scare people, break stuff and of course to change the world.

PS. to learn about the OneTrueFan / BigDoor deal, check out the following:

- http://gigaom.com/2011/09/07/bigdoor-buys-onetruefan-as-gamification-consolidation-begins/

- http://venturebeat.com/2011/09/07/bigdoor-media-acquires-onetruefan-for-gamification-expansion-exclusive/

- http://www.feld.com/wp/archives/2011/09/bigdoor-acquires-onetruefan.html


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home